Our client, a dynamic and truly entrepreneurial Real Estate Investment and Asset Management Company, is currently looking for a motivated confident and experienced German-speaking person to join its exciting and challenging working environment and actively support its business development as a Portfolio Manager (German-speaking) with focus on German commercial RE assets.
As a Portfolio Manager you will contribute to various aspects of operations including taking primary responsibility for investor and bank reporting, as well as cash management, tax and audit, and providing support for transaction-related activity (acquisitions, disposals and re-financings). The right candidate will be adept at managing large, complex capex projects, monitoring costs closely and liaising with all the stakeholders. A common-sense approach is a must, along with the ability to see the bigger picture. The ability to analyse large and organise amounts of data, to present timely and accurate information to investors is also essential.
Reporting & Controlling
- Supervise and ensure timely and accurate reporting of local service providers (accountants, property managers, corporate servicers)
- Prepare operational, debt and covenant reporting to third party lenders
- Manage preparation of consolidated accounts and management reports
- Review annual accounts
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budgets and business plans, including cash flow forecasting
- Oversee the preparation of periodic VAT and corporate tax returns
- Monitor local VAT payments/refunds and any related issues
- Coordinate the process of the local annual audit, as well as ad hoc internal audits
- Prepare asset management fee schedules and ensure timely invoicing
- Assist with monitoring leasing activities and be responsible for compiling and analysing letting information necessary for investor and bank reporting
- Monitor and analyse rental income and operating expenses (recoverable/non-recoverable)
- Assist with the transaction execution process including engagement and co-ordination of third party advisors, funding and documentation.
Financing / Cash Management
- Monitor bank covenants
- Monitor cash activities within the real-estate portfolios – in particular, monthly rent transfers and interest payments of external loans
- Oversight of capex/development – supervise timeline and budget
- Monitor costs – in particular, review service provider and professional fees budgets and invoices
- University degree in Finance / Business Administration
- Strong understanding of portfolio management / financial analysis / accounting for management reporting purposes with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of RE asset management and pan-European holding structures
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage own time efficiently
- Self-starter comfortable working in small international teams
- Driven with a high energy level and enthusiasm for working in an entrepreneurial organization
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in German and English
Could this be the right opportunity for you? Please do not hesitate to send your CV to David Kitzinger email@example.com to be considered for this recruitment process. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.